* 2023 FIRE SEASON BEGAN JUNE 1ST *
Industrial Fire Precaution Levels :
*I - IFPL 1 : Fire precaution requirements are in effect.
II - IFPL 2 (aka Partial Hoot owl)
III - IFPL 3 (aka Partial Shutdown)
IV - IFPL 4: General Shutdown-ALL OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED.
During a Wildfire:
If you are advised to evacuate, do so immediately. Take your emergency items , lock your home and choose a route away from the fire if possible. Watch for changes in the speed and direction of the fire and smoke. Tell someone when you left and where you are going.
LEVEL 1 - BE READY : Prepare & monitor. Pack your valuables.
LEVEL 2 - BE SET: Be set to evacuate at a moment's notice.
LEVEL 3 - GO: Leave Immediately!
In case of an immediate evacuation make sure you have the essentials :
Wildfire Evacuation Planning Tips - Farm & Ranch
- Keep copies of gate keys and a written list of combinations in known location.
- Communicate early with fire professionals to coordinate firefighting on your property.
- Create livestock evacuation plan.
- Open/unlock gate so livestock can escape flames.
- Ensure proper registration and branding of livestock.
USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) has funding available to help farmers, ranchers and forest landowners recover from wildfire impacts on private agricultural lands affected by the recent wildfires.
The communities of the Rogue Valley will rebuild after the fires of 2020, and become stronger and more resilient than ever. But it won’t happen overnight. Recovery takes time, resources, and cooperation.